Friday, January 9, 2009

Style Icon: January

Every month, I'll feature a label that, in my eyes, is a timeless icon of style. I'll showcase different things from them all month and images of their style in the public eye.

This months Style Icon is Persol. Persol is an Italian eyewear company, specializing in sunglasses. They have several styles for both men and women. They founded in 1917 and originally catered to pilots and racing drivers. Persol became a heavy influence in the production of sunglasses by developing the first flexible stem. Persol didn't come stateside until 1962 and did not open a boutique until 1991. Persol have seem to be the sunglasses of choice for movies and actors. They've been seen in several films and on people from Kanye West to Bill Murray. Steve McQueen made the 714 models famous in The Thomas Crown Affair.

Everytime I see a pair of Persol's, I reel at how incredibly stylish and classic they are. They can class up any look while making you look straight from the 60's at the same time. I'm lucky enough to have three pair and am sure will acquire many more in my life (my goal right now is a pair of 0649's).


















No comments:

Post a Comment